This recipe has been a long time favourite amongst my family. I love baking a batch of these during Christmas and a while back, during my birthday party, I made a large batch and stuck them in a massive cookie jar for everyone to pick at.
Pistachio and chocolate shortbread recipe
Adapted from A Spicy Perspective
- 340g (3 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup chopped dark chocolate (I used 70% chocolate)
- 2/3 cup chopped shelled pistachios
- Cream the butter, sugar, vanilla and salt until light and fluffy (3-5minutes).
- Mix flour in until just combined. Add chocolate and pistachios and mix everything together.
- Wrap the dough completely with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30mintes
- Preheat oven to 175C (350F) and line cookie trays with baking paper.
- Roll out half of the dough (leave the other half in the fridge) onto a floured surface until roughly ¼ inch thick. Cut out the cookies with a cookie cutter of your choice (I used star and heart shaped cutters, 2-3inch). Place cut cookies onto baking tray. Repeat this process with the remaining dough.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on the top. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Enjoy! Please leave a comment below if you have any questions. If you’d like to see more recipes like this, please like and follow me!