Almond crescent macaroon recipe
Adapted from Megan’s Cooking and a recipe from my mother’s friend.
- 1tsp Almond essence
- Zest of 2 oranges
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs, separated
- 225g almond meal
- Icing sugar (for coating)
- Almond flakes (for coating)
- Preheat oven at 180o Mix almond meal, sugar, baking powder and grated orange zest together
- Beat egg whites until medium stiff peaks form. In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks and mix into the dry ingredients. Fold egg whites into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Roll and shape the biscuits into a crescent shape. Coat in icing sugar and almond flakes.
- Bake for 20mins. Remove from oven and cook on a wire rack.
Hope you enjoy this! I love how it was a chew to it when you bite right into it. Leave a comment if you have any questions/suggestions. Please follow and like 🙂