Hi everyone, happy new year!
I used this delicious curd recipe for my friend’s birthday cake, which will follow this post. Stay tuned. I used Poh Ling Yeow’s lemon and passion fruit curd recipe.
Lemon and passion fruit curd recipe
- 180g unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- pinch of salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 fresh or canned passionfruit pulp
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- zest of 2 lemons
- Beat butter, sugar, vanilla and salt until combined. Beat one egg at a time until just combined. Don’t be alarmed if the mixture looks curdled. Mix in the passionfruit pulp, lemon juice and zest until combined.
- Cook mixture in a medium saucepan on a low heat setting until it has thickened (roughly 15 minutes). The consistency should be thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon. Test by drawing a line at the back of the spoon with your finger, if the line remains as is, without the curd running off, it is ready to be removed from the stove.
- Pour curd into a sterilised glass jar, screw the lid on and invert jars until completely cool before refrigerating.
Thanks for reading, please like and follow my blog and if you’d like to see more from me, follow my instagram, @aliciaspunsugar