I’ve been trying to cut down on junk food so I’ve been trying to look for a cleaner version of a brownie. I have created a brownie that is a chocolate fudge slice/brownie hybrid. It has hints of hazelnut in the base, which makes it so much more delicious, almost like you’re eating a choc and Nutella treat. The recipe I have created was inspired by Luke and Scott’s chocolate slice from their book, Clean Living Cookbook: Delicious Paleo Food to Help You Change Your Life. Recipe can be found below.
- 1/3 cup Cacao and Hazelnut spread (you can also use any other nut spread e.g. peanut butter or almond)
- 2 tablespoons Coconut oil, melted
- 150g almond meal
- 1 tablespoon Cacao powder (or regular cocoa powder)
- 1 tablespoon Rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon of instant coffee
- pinch of salt
- 12 dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
Top layer (Optional):
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil
- ½ tablespoon of cocoa powder
- ½ tablespoon Maple syrup
- Handful of Cacao nibs (to scatter on the top)
- Place all of the base ingredients into a food processor until everything is well combined. Spoon into a greased and lined 18cm x 18cm brownie tin and pack it down firmly. Stick it into the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Place all of the dates and cocoa powder into the food processor until mixture is smooth. It will form a smooth thick clump when ready. Smooth this mixture onto the base evenly.
- Mix the cacao powder, maple syrup and coconut oil together. Pour on top of the brownie. Sprinkle the cacaco nibs on top and set in the freezer for 30-60mins before serving. Store in an airtight container in the freezer.
Thanks for reading! Please follow and like if you haven’t already 🙂