Citrus almond/LSA cake
Adapted from NEFF’s Sample Recipe Collection
- 450g oranges or clementines (about 7)
- 310g ground almonds (I used LSA mix – in my opinion, pure ground almond is better)
- 140g caster sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Seasonal berries (I used frozen berries to serve)
- Place whole oranges (peel and all) in a saucepan filled with boiling water (about 1L) and boil for 30 minutes. Drain and remove all seeds when oranges have cooled.
- Preheat oven to 160C. Line a springform cake tin (20cm/8inch) with baking paper.
- Place all of the other ingredients and oranges in a food processor and blitz until it forms a thick and smooth batter.
- Place mixture into the cake tin and bake for 1hour and 10 minutes or until cake is cooked (stick skewer in the middle of cake and it should come out clean). Take the cake out of the oven and leave cake in tin until cool (roughly 30 minutes) before turning it out.
- Dust the cake with icing sugar and serve with fresh berries (or frozen, like I did)
Note: If you have a NEFF oven, put it on the CircoTherm setting.