Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Banana Bites
As adapted from Not Enough Cinnamon
Makes ~14 chocolate banana bites
- 2 bananas (mine were frozen, you can do this with unfrozen bananas too)
- Peanut butter (I used crunchy)
- 200g chocolate, chopped (I used 70% dark)
- Chopped nuts (optional, I used pistachios)
- Slice up your bananas and spread ½ of the banana slices with peanut butter. Top them with the other ½ of banana slices.
- Store in the freezer for roughly one hour
- Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl and microwave in 10-second intervals until melted.
- Removal bites from the freezer and coat them completely with the melted chocolate. Remove the excess chocolate by lifting bites with a fork and place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle some chopped nuts (optional)
- Freeze bites for a minimum of 3 hours. Store in the freezer until ready to enjoy.
Notes: You need to work fast as the chocolate sets very quickly. Also, I have also used unsweetened hazelnut spread instead of the crunchy peanut butter and I found that worked out nicely too.