I absolutely love chimichurri sauce, It has a slight tang to it which gives life to meats! I’ve only ever had it while dining out so I was on the hunt for a recipe to make it at home. It’s packed with fresh herbs, such as flat leaf parsley and oregano, garlic, chilli pepper, red wine vinegar and olive oil.
I used a recipe by David Lebovitz, he has some really excellent recipes on his site! I’ll be making a post soon enough using his salted butter caramel recipe with my left over doubled cream from when I made my Spiced Fig Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Frosting.
I prepared some beef skewers with a bit of salt and pepper to go with this great sauce. I ended up grilling them and served with a side of salad, quinoa and drizzled chimichurri on it.
As adapted from David Lebovitz
- 1 chilli pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked or sweet paprika
- 1 1/2 cups (15g) lightly packed leaves of flat-leaf parsley
If you enjoyed this post, please do follow! 🙂