Hey everyone! Thought i’d make a quick post on what I baked today. I had a special request from my little niece to make flowers out of icing. She’s too cute to refuse, so I followed Martha Stewart’s Chocolate Chunk Cookie cupcake recipe and topped them with some vanilla buttercream icing. I halved Martha’s recipe and managed to make 20 mini cupcakes.
The light pink colour of the frosting was achieved by adding some strained raspberry purée, but the taste was so mild, you could hardly tell it was there.
Raspberry Buttercream Frosting recipe
Adapted from Two Peas & Their Pod
- 115g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup icing (powdered) sugar, sifted
- 1/2 cup raspberries (frozen, but defrosted or fresh)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Purée raspberries with either a blender or food processor. Strain mixture, eliminating the seeds and leave to the side.
- Beat butter and icing sugar on a medium speed until creamy and fluffy.
- Add in vanilla extract and raspberry purée, continuing to beat on a low speed until completely combined.
- Place into a piping bag or simply spread on the top of your cupcakes.
Note: If you find that your frosting mixture is too runny to work with, mix a little bit more of the icing sugar to stiffen it up.
If you have any questions, please leave them below. I’d be more than happy to answer them. Happy baking!