Today I bring you another cookie recipe! I only have about a month left before university starts, so I’m taking every opportunity I get to bake. Tomorrow I’ll be hanging out with some friends and felt like baking something simple but tasty. You really can’t go wrong with these crispy pecan and uber buttery cookies (unless you’re allergic to nuts!).
Adapted from Everyday Food, May 2004 and Martha Stewart
- 3/4 cup pecans, toasted and roughly chopped
- 110g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain (all-purpose) flour
- Icing sugar (optional for dusting)
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and pale with a hand mixer (roughly 1 minute). Beat in vanilla extract, salt and sifted flour until everything is well combined into a dough. Fold in the chopped pecans.
- Divide cookie dough into 12 equal portions and roll each portion into balls with the palm of your hands.
- Place cookie balls onto a baking sheet, keeping each ball 3 inches apart.
- Flatten each ball with the bottom of a glass, with a small piece of baking in between the surface of the cookie ball and base of glass to prevent dough sticking onto the glass.
- Reshape the edges of the cookie
- Bake until golden, roughly 12-15 minutes. Sprinkle with icing sugar (optional)
- Cool cookies on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container when cooled
I’d love to know your thoughts! Please feel free leave me a comment and follow me if you’d love to see more recipes.